Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fabulous 3D mapping


I have had some mapping software for the computer for a few years, but my old PC went belly-up if I tried to use it! My "new" computer (I've had it since February!) has got the memory to handle it, and I've enjoyed planning some of my walks on it, and generating OS Maps in 3D! I've been impressed by the customer service at Anquet mapping too. When I tried to install the software, it wouldn't work at all despite the "successful installation" notice displayed. An e-mail to Anquet was very quickly answered telling me that the problem I reported was due to incompatability of my version with Windows Vista, and directions to a free patch to fix it. Sorted! The above route is of a walk I did back in June, over Beinn Liath Mhor and Sgorr Ruadh.

No comments: