Monday, April 20, 2009

Christianity and the Media

Two articles have caught my eye recently, relating to Christian faith. What has surprised me about both of them has been the unlikely combination of author and subject.

In the first one, Matthew Parris writes about the positive and observable effect of Christian faith and Christian mission. His piece in the Times is intriguingly entitled, "As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God" read it here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article5400568.ece

More recently the one-time somewhat sour critic of Christianity, A.N. Wilson (author of the book "Jesus" which attempted to 'de-bunk' the gospels as myth), has described how he has changed his mind, now believes that Christ rose from dead - and what he has observed that has persuaded him. That article is here:

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I read "The Times" article at the time in December and thought it was quite poignant.
A N Wilson's article is excellent.
Bet he went to a nice traditional Palm Sunday service with loads of traditional hymns though!! In fact I decamped to my local C of S for that reason...