Monday, June 04, 2007

Hermitage

I seem to have spent a whole week in self-imposed isolation in my study, surrounded by books of one sort or another. First I have been trying to complete a distance learning module, the next step in my tortuous route towards getting a degree. Secondly I was involved with helping with the church services on Sunday morning, which again involved a lot of thinking, listening, reading and praying to try and get my mind wrapped around some fiendishly tricky texts

My Mum came up from London to help with Boris, Norris and Doris for the week - which they thoroughly enjoyed. Today they have got me to contend with once more; and their verdict on the matter? "We miss our Grandma!"
Knowing when I'm not wanted I'll just stay in the study then- my 'books to be read' pile has rarely looked so appetising!

2 comments:

Lins said...

Thanks for your message on Sunday morning, my friend. Truly challenging and affirming as ever. God bless.

lynn said...

OOooh I don't know who you are or where you live, but the tortuous route to a degree sounds very like me....

Hope you get your work finished this term :-)