Monday, April 23, 2007

What Are You Looking At?


I have posted quite a few photos of the hills that can be seen looking N. from Perth on here over the last year or so, without ever really knowing which hills were in the frame. However, with a few clues taken from the viewpoint on Kinnoull Hill, and some OS maps, I've figured out which hills are visible.

Ben Vrackie is behind Pitlochry, which I climbed with Boris, Birnam hill is above Dunkeld, which we have climbed many times, while Deuchary Hill was our most recent day out in the hills together. The three summits of Beinn a Ghlo, by Blair Atholl are a far more demanding walk, which I did with the church walking group about six years ago. Carn Liath (the most westerly of the three) has the ignominy of being the only Munro summit upon which I have vomited. I did this one on it's own about eight years ago, climbing up the steep-side from Glen Tilt through snow, hundreds of deer, ever-expanding views to an unceremonious conclusion.

(As ever click on the photo if you want to see it proplerly.)

2 comments:

Mandrew Nelson said...

That's a good question Gavin and one i can only begin to answer with my limited experience of church. I think that Church.co.uk has benefitted from the leadership of Steve Chalke....i also think that Church.co.uk exists within an area dealing with a lot of social problems. Church.co.uk is a new thing and has no history. It's clean slate means that it can decide exactly what it wants to be. If asked to change in the future it might be difficult...change is always difficult. I dont think Church.co.uk is doing anything that another church couldn't. It just seems right what we're doing!! I mean why couldn't PBC send a group of volunteers out on a Saturday night to give out soup to the homeless? Organise trips for kids in close by letham? Does the leadership restrict it?

That Hideous Man said...

"Does the leadership restrict it?"
ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!