Friday, March 23, 2007

Evening

The sunset last night was particularly lovely, and after a long break I got my little camera out and took a few photos of it. As usual, the camera captures very little of the grand scene. Part of that is simply that cameras don't capture such things well - mountain scenes fare especially badly, but it is also that I have a particularly poor camera. We were badly advised that Panasonic, though not usually a camera company, were making some good digitals for everyday use - but it has turned out to be a very poor substitute for our old Canon. It hasn't been all bad, it's facility for shooting Qucktime movies is much better than we had before and we have used it to save a good few special memories such as Norris singing and some of Doris' first steps.
One day I'd like to get a really nice camera though........

4 comments:

Lins said...

These pictures look pretty good to me!

doonhamer geordie said...

Brilliant photos. It was similarly beautiful above the clouds somewhere over Manchester yesterday evening - but sadly I didn't have my camera with me.

Anonymous said...

Good photo - it was a great sunset. I notice the spring and autumn sunsets the most - maybe it's just the time of day they happen. We moved in in the autumn and the skies were amazing.

By Deepa and Supriya said...

I enjoy spring sunsets too..becoz that's the only time I am out a whole lot, maybe??..I love canon too..but mine is a bit slow as well.
But I agree with the others..these are some pretty neat pictures