Monday, October 16, 2006

1000 Miles, and a very sick lady


Boris, Norris, Doris and I are just back from an almost-thousand-mile drive to London and back to visit my Grandma who is very ill in hospital down there. Three young children on my own for two full days of driving is no mean feat, and my complete repertoire of children's word-games, number-games, songs and jokes is now completely bankrupt.

Now back home, I am feeling tired and achy - but most of all just rather sad at the decline in my Grandma, which has been dramatic in the fortnight since we were last down. She has been one of the most important 'fixed points' in my universe ever since I was born, full of life, love, interest, laughter and conversation. It's quite distressing to see her so beleagured in the hospital, and not be able to do anything to help. From 500miles away, all we can do is to pray that she, along with family and friends might know God's peace.

No comments: